CTA Announces a More Touchless Venue Experience for CES 2023
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) announced a more touchless venue experience for CES 2023 as part of its commitment to create a healthy environment to conduct and further global business. Health and safety measures will be taken across all CES 2023 venues and will include increased fresh air flow and filtration systems, hand sanitizing stations, door greeters, and touchless public facilities.
“As producer of the world’s most influential tech event, we are proactively committed to creating an environment that reduces health risks for our attendees,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “In-person events such as CES are critical to advancing business. A more touchless venue experience at CES 2023 will provide a roadmap for future industry events on health and safety efforts for attendees.”
CES 2023 will likely be the largest in-person, audited business event to take place in the U.S. since early 2020, with an exhibit footprint 40% larger than CES 2022. As an industry leader, CTA will implement measures at CES 2023 to create a healthy business environment, including:
Fresh Airflow and Door Greeters
- Fresh airflow has been increased in ventilation systems across venues, including the Las Vegas Convention Center, Venetian Expo and ARIA.
- Exterior doors will be opened and monitored to allow fresh air flow where possible.
- Door greeters will be stationed at remaining doors to open as attendees enter.
- Touchless, hand sanitizing units will be installed throughout all facilities in high traffic areas.
- All meeting rooms, conference areas, food areas, lounges, customer service areas, information kiosks, elevators, escalators, lounges and offices will have hand sanitizing stations.
- Badge pickup locations will utilize touchless badge printing.
- Customer service centers will offer touchless payment for onsite registrations.
- All microphones and shared AV equipment will be sanitized between use.
- Restrooms, handrails and doors will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Sinks, toilets, paper towel dispensers will be touchless.
- Cashless payment systems will be available at venue food outlets and business centers.
A full list of implementation measures can be found at CES 2023 Health Protocols.
Owned and produced by CTA, CES 2023 will take place in Las Vegas on Jan. 5-8, 2023 with Media Days taking place Jan. 3-4, 2023. Attendees will experience new technologies from global brands, hear about the future of technology from thought leaders and collaborate face-to-face with other attendees. The show will highlight how innovations in sustainability, transportation and mobility, digital health, the metaverse and more are addressing the world’s greatest challenges. Audiences will hear from industry experts during live keynotes, including leaders from John Deere, AMD and BMW. Visit CES.tech for all CES 2023 updates, registration details, and the media page for all press resources.