LIVE WEBINAR: How to build valuable start-ups
LocationLondon - Online Webinar
In conversation with James Phipson, MD of Dragon Argent discussing how to futureproof your company structure for investment rounds.
About this event
As a founder, have you stopped to ask yourself what your long-term goals are and what assets drive the value of your business?
If you haven’t, your corporate structure may not support these ambitions and could even slow you down. A company structure should facilitate the ambition of founding teams and protect the intellectual property or assets the value of a business is built on.
The Problem Statement
Too often, entrepreneurs are poorly advised at the point at which a company is formed, creating issues that are time consuming and costly to unravel later. A poorly planned corporate structure can:
- Be difficult to adapt to changing needs
- Can fuel risk for investors Increase tax liability
- Fail to protect founders long term interests
Ultimately, creating barriers that make it harder for founders and entrepreneurs to achieve the long-term objectives they set out with.
However, if planned appropriately, creating a future proofed and flexible corporate structure can be straightforward and cost efficient if you consider:
How to protect intellectual property or assets
- Your likely expansion or joint venture ambitions
- Future mergers or disposals opportunities
Once a bespoke structure has been agreed the benefits include:
- Appropriate tax treatment and protection of entrepreneur, EMI and EIS relief status
- Flexibility to license or create Special Purpose Vehicles to adapt to opportunities and threats
- Protection of shareholders’ long-term interests
- Correct treatment of intercompany loans and other accounting considerations
Location: Zoom link will be share via email after registration.
- 3:00pm - Welcome and Introduction
- 3:05pm - James Phipson's Talk
- 3:25pm - Open Q&A
- 3:55pm - Wrap up and next steps
- 4:00pm - End session