Wonder Women Tech announces lineup for first-ever virtual summit
Wonder Women Tech (WWT), a global ecosystem that serves women and underrepresented groups in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), announced today the lineup for the organization’s first-ever virtual summit, taking place September 16-19th, 2020 from 9-5:30pm (PT).
Entering its sixth year, Wonder Women Tech typically draws thousands of diverse people to attend presentations, coding classes, and career development workshops to spotlight women, diversity in tech, and the pioneers leading the way for technology innovation.
2019 was a groundbreaking year with the first-ever all deaf main stage panel. Embracing the unprecedented COVID-19 landscape, interactive experiences and inspiring speakers are now accessible for everyone, no matter where they are located, from students to professionals including those with disabilities:
- Main Stage with over 150 Speakers
- Amplify Stage featuring BIPOC first-time speakers and fresh voices
- Ignite Stage featuring pre-recorded talks from women in STEAM
- Empower Talks aggregated from previous WWT Conference Speakers
- Virtual Career Fair, Ticket Scholarships and Virtual Art Gallery
- Resume Review Lounge Hosted by the Los Angeles Times
- “Nevertheless” Movie Screening and Q&A with Emmy-Award winning filmmaker, Sarah Moshman
- Virtual Mentor Magic Sessions Sponsored and Hosted by DiscordApp
- Interview Bootcamp Sessions with Woz-U
- College Student Hangout & High School Sessions
- Musical Performances by Ryck Jane, Aliza Hava, and Billboard Top Recording Artist, Laura Angelini
“We are excited to continue to revolutionize Wonder Women Tech and all the experiences we are bringing people by taking the summit and network online and offering scholarships for tickets,” said Lisa Mae Brunson, CEO of Wonder Women Tech. “I want women, people of color, and all underrepresented groups to feel they have a community supporting them, deeply committed to their success and growth to become changemakers.”
With the goal of inspiring, empowering, and creating solutions around diversity and inclusion in STEAM industries, the 2020 Wonder Women Tech Virtual Summit will feature 100+ speakers including:
- Alexandria Butler, Founder of Sista Circle: Black Women in Tech
- Fireside Chat with Dr. Ellen Ochoa, Former Astronaut and first Hispanic Woman in Space
- Fireside Chat with Barbara Whye, Global Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Intel
- Keynote Speech from Dr. Lisa Coleman, Senior VP for Global Inclusion and Strategic Innovation, for NYU
- Andromeda Peters, Miss United States 2018
For more information on the summit, student experiences, and scholarships, or to purchase your ticket, visit here.