The best YouTube video marketing software for startups
YouTube is the second-largest search engine after Google and has over 2.6 billion monthly active users. It is, therefore, essential for startups to create engaging videos for the platform to increase their brand’s visibility, reach the right audience, and deliver value through their content.
In this article, let’s look at the YouTube video marketing software for startups that can help you do just that.
Movavi: Complete video marketing toolkit
A video marketing toolkit is a collection of tools and resources that businesses can use to create and distribute video content effectively on YouTube.
The key components of a YouTube video marketing toolkit include video editing software, hardware equipment (camera, mics, etc.), stock content (videos and images), and analytics tools.
There are three primary challenges startups face while setting up and working with their video marketing toolkit:
- Managing expenses of each tool
- Having a team with the right expertise to create content
- Creating and publishing content at scale
Movavi’s YouTube video editor solves the above challenges and provides the following functionalities as an all-in-one video marketing toolkit:
- Video editing tools: Trim videos, add background music, create collages, and so on with easy-to-use features to make your video creation process smooth
- Templates for every occasion: Movavi offers a bundle of templates for free that you can use for creating engaging content for YouTube in minutes
- Compress and resize videos: Export videos in the right quality to give your audience the best experience on any device and platform
Canva: Custom thumbnails that add value
Custom thumbnails help you stand out from the crowd and allow you to deliver more information to your audience.
However, you must be careful when creating thumbnails when choosing the colour palette. Most videos on YouTube use background colours like black, white, and red. If you create a video and use thumbnails of similar colours, it might affect your visibility.
Check out the following screenshot, for instance. Observe how Brain Dean's video looks unique amongst the others on the list:
An easy way of creating visually distinct, valuable, and custom thumbnails is by leveraging Canva’s YouTube thumbnail template library. You can choose from over 15,000 colourful templates for every occasion:
One of the many YouTube channels that have mastered the art of creating thumbnails that add value to their audience is five-Minute Crafts:
As you can see, the channel uses yellow and blue hues along with impressive captions to make its thumbnails attractive. No wonder, they have 74 million subscribers and 23 billion views on their videos.
Of course, there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to colour combinations. Put your creative hat on and experiment with the colours that you think best represent your brand image and target audience.
YouTube Analytics: Monitor and optimize TWT
Total watch time (TWT) on YouTube refers to the total amount of time viewers spend watching videos on the platform. TWT will help you know whether you are reaching the right audience and whether they are finding your content valuable.
To improve TWT you should consistently publish videos, keep your videos short and to the point, use clear and catchy titles, add descriptions to each video, and encourage your viewers to explore other content produced by you and share your content with their networks at the end of each video.
By analysing the data provided by YouTube Analytics, your YouTube marketing team can gain insights into your audience's behaviour and preferences, and use this information to make data-driven decisions about the brand’s video content strategy.
Here are some ways you can start using YouTube Analytics to improve your TWT right away:
- Find out exactly where your audience is dropping off while watching a video by focusing on audience retention data
- Monitor traffic sources to scale up your distribution efforts selectively to reach a larger chunk of your audience
- Track engagement metrics like likes, comments, and shares to find which content resonates best with your audience
Happy Scribe: Add subtitles to enhance accessibility
Video subtitles are the transcription of the audio or spoken content within the videos. Adding subtitles to the videos improves accessibility, attracting a vast audience base and boosting rankings. Most video creators lose valuable views by overlooking this simple tactic.
There are 466 million people in the world who have hearing disabilities. Subtitles will allow these individuals to enjoy your content and get value from it.
Adding subtitles to your YouTube videos will also make your content accessible to people who speak a different language. Subtitles can be easily translated which will allow you to reach viewers all over the world.
Finally, video subtitles will make it easier for search engines to crawl through your content and increase your visibility.
However, creating subtitles for each video separately might be challenging for your growing startup. Here, you can use video marketing software like Happy Scribe which is an online transcription and subtitling tool that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning technology to automatically transcribe video files into text, and generate subtitles from it.
Once your video has been transcribed, your team can edit the text and timestamps to ensure accuracy, and then export the transcription as a text file or generate subtitles in the SRT format which can be directly added to your YouTube videos.
Taggbox: Embed videos on your website
Embedding videos on your own website helps you in the following ways:
- Increases engagement and dwell time of your website as your visitors will spend more minutes watching your video content
- Helps deliver more value to your content through supportive content which can be text, images, and other videos
- Allows you to learn more about your audience as you can track their behaviour more accurately
- Captures leads as you can also embed various kinds of forms on your web pages
Although basic HTML embeds are free and easy to use, they pose the following challenges:
- Compatibility issues: Different browsers (and devices) process HTML embeds differently which can lead to a distorted appearance of your content
- Limited customization options: You cannot change the appearance of the video player or its functionalities
- Slow page load times: HTML embeds can make your pages “heavy” which might slow your website leading to a poor user experience
A better alternative is to use a social media aggregator like Taggbox that will allow your marketing team to collect and curate social media content from various platforms, such as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and display it in a visually appealing way on your web pages.
You can also use Taggbox to filter and moderate content to show videos that mention your brand or are from a specific account to showcase it in a variety of formats like grids, carousels, etc.
YouTube video marketing is essential for startups to increase their brand visibility and reach their target audience.
To create engaging content for YouTube, startups can use the following video marketing software:
- Movavi to edit videos efficiently with the help of AI-based tools and stock videos
- Canva to create custom thumbnails with the help of templates to stand out from the crowd
- YouTube Analytics to monitor performance metrics and optimize TWT (total watch time)
- Happy Scribe to add subtitles which will make your videos accessible to a wider audience
- Taggbox to embed videos on your website in visually appealing layouts