Third Party Patents - Issues of Infringement & How to Attack or Avoid Them
We will focus specifically on patent filing considerations for innovations and growth-stage companies.
In the previous TUS TALKS, Craig and James from Mathys & Squire, gave their insights into ‘protective’ patent strategy considerations (including when, what and where to file). By popular vote, this webinar will focus on ‘offensive’ patent strategies. Particular emphasis will be:
- Placed on patent infringement (including a discussion on ‘freedom to operate’ (FTO))
- Options for killing or scaling-back third-party patents (including a discussion on patent (in)validity)
- Including a detailed explanation of ‘central’ attack procedures available in Europe, which may be anonymous
- As before, these insights will be of direct relevance to growth-stage companies as they scale up their commercial presence and expand their R&D activities, and it will be explained how such companies can help avoid infringing third party patents (or, if they cannot be avoided, how to clear the way).
- 10:00 – 10:05 Welcome by TusPark UK
- 10:05 – 10:45 Third Party Patents - Issues of Infringement & How to Attack or Avoid them
- 10:45 – 11:00 Discussion and Q&A
TUS TALKS is a series of workshops that is designed to help companies’ growth. We’ll listen to feedback from the audience for suggestions about what other matters they would like us to address. We are delighted to be partnering with Mathys & Squire to jointly organise TUS TALKS on Intellectual Property.