Patent Strategy Considerations - When, What and Where to File
We will focus specifically on patent filing considerations for start-ups and growth-stage companies.
This webinar will focus specifically on patent filing considerations. Particular emphasis will be placed on determining:
- When to file (including optimising for success in key jurisdictions);
- Where to file (including maximising territorial impact at minimal cost);
- and What to file (including discussing a ‘hybrid’ protection strategy based on patents and trade secrets).
These insights will be of direct relevance to growth-stage companies as they scale up their commercial presence and expand their R&D activities, and it will be explained how such companies can integrate a commercially-effective patent filing strategy with their R&D programme in a manner that is robust, scalable, cost-effective, and attractive to investors.
- 10:00 – 10:10 Welcome by TusPark UK
- 10:10 – 10:45 Patent Strategy Consideration — When, What and Where to File Craig Titmus, Partner (Life Sciences), UK and European Patent Attorney, Mathys & Squire LLP James Pitchford, Partner (IT & Engineering), UK and European Patent Attorney, Mathys & Squire LLP
- 10:45 - 11:00 Discussion and Q&A