September's Handpicked: Five startups raising on Crowdcube
As part of this weekly series 'Funding the Wonderful' in partnership with Crowdcube, every month we will showcase a handpicked selection of five startups which are raising on the Crowdcube platform.
JustPark is the parking app leading a £50bn industry into the digital age. Since their record-breaking raise in 2015, they have built five-star rated apps for drivers and award-winning car park technology for property owners - and now help 380% more drivers park each day.
- The Parking App: 1.5 million registered drivers, 1.4 million spaces
- Over £1m/month in transactions - app usage up 105% in last six months
- Parking technology partner to Savills, Marriott, JLL, Hilton and more
- Backed by Index Ventures, LocalGlobe and BMW i Ventures
Chip is on a mission to build the best savings account in the world. Over the last year it has doubled growth to 153,000 accounts, processed £130m of savings and welcomed management executives from Monzo, Funding Circle and Purple Bricks. Chip is now scaling with market-leading returns on ChipX.
- 153,000 accounts, processed £130m of savings.
- ChipX returns-platform waiting list of 50,000 people.
- Winner British Bank Award, World Banking Award and two Crowdcube awards.
- Existing investor community of over 8,000 people
With over 400 stockists in 20 countries, including Booths, Harrods, and Whole Foods, Raw Halo is an award-winning raw chocolate brand. Revenue to date is £380k, and the business is returning to Crowdcube to raise investment for their expansion into national supermarkets.
- Organic, refined sugar free, vegan raw chocolate
- Over 220,000 bars sold to date
- First UK supermarket listing secured for 2017
- Operating within UK’s fastest growing categories
In 1953 Edmund Hillary and Tenzing created history, conquering Mount Everest. Co-founded with the Hillary family, the Edmund Hillary Collection is a beautiful and iconic range of lifestyle clothing that supports his charities. It looks to build on initial success and focus on international expansion.
- Launched global e-commerce site and strong retail base in New Zealand
- Created a Queenstown retail hub – own brand store and 2 supporting retailers
- Formed a new distribution partnership in China - launching in September 2019
- A percentage of each sale supports Himalayan communities and outdoor education
Snaffling Pig is an award winning pork brand and is on a mission to take on the snack and chilled pork market, sold in Tesco, Sainsbury's, John Lewis and 450 pubs. With sales of £3.2m and £350k net profit, the company is raising £750k to invest in brand activation & develop a van sales operation.
- Over 3m packets sold in the last year to Tesco, Sainsbury's & Co-op
- £3.2m Sales Turnover in 2018/19 with a £350k Net Profit
- Launched Gammon Steaks in Sainsbury's; UK pork industry worth est £4bn
- Nine Great Taste Awards and the only pork scratching advent calendar
Investments of this nature carry risks to your capital. Please Invest Aware.