Hong Kong's hottest startups showcase tech breakthroughs at CES 2021
Hong Kong innovation and technology expertise will be on display at CES 2021, with 22 of the region’s leading entrepreneurs and innovators exhibiting at the Hong Kong Trade Development Council’s (HKTDC) 44th annual Hong Kong Pavilion at CES. Held virtually from 11th-14th, this year’s exhibits will showcase why Hong Kong is the ideal incubator and launchpad for tech innovation and global business success.
Hong Kong has long been a leading source of entrepreneurship and tech innovation, and despite global economic slowdowns in 2020, the city has continued to be a hotbed for business development across Asia and the world.
The city features countless benefits for entrepreneurs as well as established businesses seeking to expand globally - ranging from low taxes to its immediate proximity to nearly half of the world's population - and was named the most attractive place for merger and acquisitions (M&A) and IPOs worldwide in 2020 by Oxford Economics. As one of the fastest growing startup ecosystems, the city is home to more than 3,360 startups and attracts top talent from around the world.
In 2020, Hong Kong was ranked as the worldwide leader in economic freedom by Fraser Institute, best in economic conditions worldwide by Legatum Institute, and second most business-friendly tax system worldwide by the World Bank Group.
The Hong Kong Pavilion at CES will feature an exciting lineup of entirely new and innovative products and solutions, including 20 winners from HKTDC’s StartUp Express - a startup development program launched by HKTDC to provide budding entrepreneurs with resources to assist in building networks, marketing their business and enhancing brand awareness globally.
This year’s Hong Kong exhibitors represent a broad spectrum of technologies, applications and industries, including:
- Microelectronics & Nanotechnology: ASGITE, Nano and Advanced Materials Institute (NAMI)
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data: Arical, Quikec, RaSpect, Wineworld Xplorer Limited
- Advanced Display: Arovia Hong Kong Limited
- Medtech & Biotech: Gense Technologies, Incus, MedEXO Robotics, SPES Tech Ltd.
- Health & Wellness: Contact Beverage (Lify Wellness), Miscato (AROMEO), Taison Digital Limited
- Green Tech & Sustainability: Open Ocean Engineering (Clearbot), Bug Bros Biotech
- Robotics: Inovo Robotics
- Automotive, Sports Technology: CYC Motor
- Commerce & CRM: ImBee Limited, MatrixSense Technology, Return Helper Limited, Shopkyo Limited
To visit the Hong Kong Trade Development Council’s CES showcase, click here.