Construction tech innovation wanted for Wincanton Innovation Lab Sprint 3
As one of the UK’s leading third-party logistics providers, Wincanton plays a huge role in construction projects all across the UK. Now, with the launch of Sprint 3 of W2 Labs - an innovation lab designed to discover emerging innovative ideas and tackle some of the logistics industry’s toughest challenges, they are aiming to focus on the construction sector specifically.
From supply chain solutions and health and safety solutions for construction sites through to waste management ideas, they’re seeking innovative startups that can disrupt and also support the sector.
Delivered in partnership with corporate innovation specialists L Marks, Sprint 3 of W2 Labs is looking for startups who can introduce ideas that have the potential to create a digital and integrated construction supply chain.
In particular they are seeking startups who can offer innovative solutions in the following key areas:
- Collaborative supply chain management software solutions which can be used to manage an end to end supply chain
- Innovative solutions which can predict demand and improve forecasting
- IoT, AI and Big Data tools which can provide visibility and traceability of both construction materials and assets
- Technologies which can be used to manage a reverse supply chain and help drive a circular economy
- Health and safety solutions which can be deployed on site
They are also keen to hear from Wildcard entries - startups that are using innovative new technologies and different approaches that can assist Wincanton, their people and their customers.
This is an equity-free programme and will provide startups with:
- The opportunity to test their product or service in a live customer environment
- First-class mentorship from experienced subject matter experts
- Potential to pitch for investment with both Wincanton and L Marks
Further info and details of what this fab 10-week programme entails can be found on the W2 Labs site, where you can also check out some of the innovative startups that have participated in previous cohorts.
Applications are now open and will remain open until 11:59pm GMT 28 February 2021.
Best of luck to all who apply!