ChangeNOW digitises its 2021 edition of global collaboration for the planet
The fourth edition of ChangeNOW has announced digital broadcasting from Paris and other live locations worldwide. A significant milestone for the planet, with the online streaming of inspiring content and meetings of impact actors, to create a global momentum of multi-stakeholder collaboration on our century’s issues.
Once again this year, purpose driven innovators, major groups, media, investors, policy makers will be able to build partnerships, recruit, be inspired, and increase their impact.
Three Days of Global Collaboration to Accelerate Change
ChangeNOW will innovate in 2021 in digitising the entire summit with numerous interactive formats. A bigger ambition, a larger audience, and a greater impact.
"The international agenda of gatherings on environmental and social issues have been largely slowed down by the health crisis. For us, it is essential to maintain the May dates to continue to take concrete action on these urgent issues. We are launching these three days of global collaboration to reactivate forces around the world in an unprecedented way," explained Santiago Lefebvre, Rose-May Lucotte, and Kevin Tayebaly, Co-founders of ChangeNOW.
A World Tour of Impact for this Fourth Edition
Thanks to an innovative and engaging digital platform, visitors will follow live conferences bringing together worldwide leaders on significant themes such as circular economy, inclusion, education, climate, biodiversity, energy, health, mobility, and finance.
Remotely, visitors will discover more than 1,000 solutions and 500 inspiring speakers, a world tour of impact in more than 120 countries represented.
A studio, located in Paris, will host the speakers who can move around and will feed the five digital scenes of the event. Live broadcasts will also be organised such as:
- From the Amazon - with Nemonte Nenquimo, Huaorani from Ecuador, who is fighting to protect her people’s territories, culture, and way of life, from the Amazon. She is one of the leaders and a symbolic personality.
- From South America - with Max Hidalgo Quinto, biologist and CEO of the startup Yawa, a wind turbine that condenses air vapor to produce water.
- From Asia - with Kotchakorn Voraakhom, a Thai landscape architect working on constructing green public spaces to fight climate change and founder of the Porous City Network.
- From America - with Richard Quest, a British journalist for CNN International, and Pratibha Vuppuluri, CEO of Unreasonable Group, an investment fund that supports entrepreneurs in emerging countries who develop solutions to global challenges through corporate mentoring programs.
Focus on the speakers and solutions of ChangeNOW 2021
In total, more than 500 leaders of change will speak during the three days, including:
- Inger Andersen, Executive Director of UNEP and Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Sir Ronald Cohen, an emblematic figure of impact investing and President of the Global Stearing Group.
- Alexia Barrier, professional skipper and navigator of the Vendée Globe 2020, onboard the boat 4myPlanet.
- Thomas Remengesau and Debbie Remengesau, respectively President and First Lady of Palau from 2012 to 2020, and creators of the Palau Pledge.
- Satish Kumar, founder of Schumacher College, an international training center in ecology.
- Chivona Renée Newsome, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Greater NY and candidate for the US Congress (NY15).
- Ndaba Mandela, Co-founder and President of the Mandela Institute for Humanity, and grandson of Nelson Mandela.
- Stephanie Benedetto, founder of The Queen of Raw, the zero-waste marketplace in the fashion industry.
- Christian Courtin-Clarins, Chairman of the Supervisory Committee, and Virginie Courtin-Clarins, Associate Executive Director of Clarins, will present Clarins' actions and commitments in favor of biodiversity.
- Marie Ekeland, the co-founder of the Daphni investment fund and founder of the new 2050 fund, is dedicated to investing in projects aligned with the planet and society’s interests.
Parallel to the stages, a World Expo with 300 exhibitors, selected from thousands of applications, will present innovations from around the world such as:
- Recyc Leather (China/Hong Kong) collects leather off-cuts and scraps from post-production and turns them into new material.
- DGrade (United Arab Emirates) - closed-loop model from recovering PET plastic bottles to spinning into textiles.
- FinX (FR) - a 100% electric fin boat engine composed of the discoidal membrane which undulates like a fish
- Coreshell Technologies (US) - accelerating the world’s transition to electric transportation and renewable energy
- Planet Care (Slovenia) - innovative filtering solutions that effectively stop microfibres emissions from the washing of clothes.
- IADYS (France) - an electric boat that collects floating water and oil spills from the surface of water bodies.
Enhanced Programming for the Planet: highlights not to be missed
As every year, ChangeNOW gives a voice to entrepreneurs, companies, international leaders, artists, and youth. Among the key events not to be missed:
- A forum dedicated to a sustainable city with mayors from 50 cities on 5 continents, including Sydney, Montreal, Monaco, Cologne, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, La Rochelle, etc.
- A "human library" with the possibility to interact directly with experts and leaders of change.
- The "ChangeNOW my job" job fair, a recruiting event dedicated to impact, connecting impact recruiters and talents in search of meaning.
- A platform dedicated to business meetings and qualified online networking activities.
- The world's first committed auction with Christie's: a selection of 30 lots by a dozen contemporary artists focusing on eco-design and eco-consciousness.
- And many other interactive formats.
The entire event is built with more than 200 partners, including ADEME, Orange, Clarins, Cartier Women's Initiative, CITEO, BNP, UNESCO, Solar Impulse Foundation, B Lab, Ashoka, Clean Tech Open, Blue Ocean Partners, Raise, UN Women. These 3 days will be a real platform of announcements for the planet.
A Platform Accessible to All
In an effort to facilitate the accessibility of impact issues, all the conferences and the World Expo will be accessible to all for free with the Discovery Pass.
Tickets for professionals will offer premium access for networking with participants, exhibitors, investors and speakers, access to workshops; and details on the companies presented. Early Bird rates until March 31, 2021 on Business Pass and Investor Pass.
Free registration and professional ticketing here.